Monday, December 15, 2008

time goes by way toooo quick.....

Wow ok ummm.......So I guess you could say ALOT has happened in the past few months......NO JOKE!! haha well anyways I moved, went on a road trip to DISNEYLAND, started a challenge with my mom and sisters, had my birthday and lots of other things that I just can't think of right now :D

You know sometimes there comes to a point where you just need a really good change and thats about where I got to when I decided to move. I have lived in now 6 houses in about 3 and a half years now including my parents when I first moved up here, and I can say this has been the most refreshing move yet. It is so nice to want to come home to fun roommates who you get along with so well. When I decided to move absolutely everything fell into place!!! I have a really good friend emily that I have known for about 3 years and she was to the same point I was when we decided to move. So we found a place and then put out an ad on ksl for 2 girls to move in with us, I'm not yet sure on what Emily and I did right to have gotten these girls. They are amazing and hopefully if all goes well they will get to stay for next semester (they only alotted a certain budget for one semester :( ) So girlys if you read this....LOVE YA!!! So anywho I am loving where I live and then best part is that I went from a 3rd floor to a 1st floor (hehe the guys that help me move were thankful) and it was walking distance too :D


these were taken today because we thought we looked cute haha

So in October I got the chance to take a road trip with about 9 of my friends out to california to go to Disneyland, the last time I had been there was roughly 12 years ago :( We had planned out this trip for about 3 months ahead and yet things still started to fall through but it was still good in the end. Emily and I left on a monday night and stayed the night in st. george with my sister Tami and then tuesday morning drove to cali with a stop off in vegas to suprise my sister Jaimee while she was teaching....and plus I had to drop off a "suprise box" for her my mom had put together (you all know what those are like lol) then off to cali. Tuesday night we stayed with my uncle in cali and then wednesday we headed to disneyland and met up with everyone else. We played at Disneyland on wed and thur and then on fri we went to six flags. I will say that next time I go I honestly want to play at disneyland for 3 days instead of just the 2 days....lol I was not done there and there was so much we didn't get to see :( (we kind of had someone in the group push everyone at a fast pace so we didn't get to enjoy things as much as we would have liked....but oh well). Saturday morning Emily and I went to the beach and played our hearts out in the sand and I finally got to bury myself in the sand.....haha yes I know but that is something I have always wanted to do hehe. Then off to vegas where Emily had never played before, I took her to the strip and of course the water show (which they have changed now if you didn't know) and then stayed the night over at Jaimee's again. Drove back sunday and lets just say slept well that night :D



I had to create a little movie for my digital media class so I did it with pictures from disneyland... don't forget to pause my other music :)


So it was real neat this year for thanksgivng and my birthday! A few years ago my family started a new tradition of where the WHOLE family gets together and we switch off houses....don't worry the year that I married will be the switch in rotation hahaha.....anyways this year it was down at Jaimee's in vegas and let me tell you it was soooo fun. We all had a blast and the 9 grandkids had a blast playing with all their cousins. Well this year my birthday was 2 days after thanksgiving so we all stayed down there for my day hehe :D my birthday was on saturday but on friday Jaimee had arranged for 2 girls to babysit ALL 9 kids so the adults could go out to dinner. After dinner we all went bowling (boys vs. girls) and let me tell you my mother SMOKED everyone....yes even the guys it was awesome!!!! After that Terri had to have her ice cream because haha about half of them ordered a salad that they all hated and so were still hungry....lol I enjoyed my dinner :) So we got our ice cream and decided to play a card game....though we only got half way through it because Jaimee couldn't keep her eyes open playing the game....oh oh it was so funny hehe :D See I can put stuff like this because I'm not sure they will finish reading this far in my blog...haha!!! Oh so not to mention it was like about 1:30 am and I realized it was my birthday and so of course knowing me I said something.... well Jason and Kaleo thought it was their duty to give me my first gift......THEY THREW ME IN THE POOL......and let me tell you it was FREEEEEZZZING!!!! oh did I mention that Jaimee and Jason had their pool finished by thanksgiving so we got the hot tub each night.... so ya my first b-day gift was a nice cool throw in the pool....thanks boys!!! So anyways saturday we did a gift exchange for all the little cousins for christmas and that was sweet they had fun with all their new toys.....and me too for my birthday hehe.....So I had asked my mom for christmas a crockpot but my sisters all knew me well enough and got me one with a couple of other suprises but I got a crockpot!!!! YAY!!! The best part is that I never said I wanted one....but then again I guess Terri got tired of me always borrowing her and then returning it 3 weeks later hehe :D But the sad part is that apparently my mom had already gotten me one for christmas....whoops :D So anywho Thanksgiving was a blast and it made me so thankful for my family. They are honestly who I have become today, there is a part of me in each of them and I thank them for that!!! Oh and we also did family pictures again that was fun......we just took my camera and put the lovely timer on and set it on my tripod....which was better than last time....haha we were at the park and just set the camera on a big garbage can it was awesome!!!





like I said she kicked all our rears :D yes I know we look gross and Jaimee by the way

made ME stick MY hand down the turkey's BUTT......



of course the normal with those two right? me and my birthday treat lol




sorry me and my photoshop :D





priceless............ I look like I'm more excited for the box before I

even knew what it was haha


Terri don't kill me but I HAD to :D




like I said Jaimee couldn't keep her eyes open during the game and me after I got thrown in the pool for my birthday.....


Ok so the truth comes out.....The girls in my family have all decided to put a little challenge on for a little weight loss :) The monday after thanksgiving I decided I had my own goal of losing 10 lbs by christmas.....well after I had lost 3 I started challenging the girls and they got upset that I put a challenge on AFTER I had already lost weight hehe :) so we came up with an idea of the first one to lose 10 lbs.....no time frame just the first one.....but here is the catch the loser has to post on their blog that they are the loser.....quite the incentive right?.....well so far for my own personal goal I have already lost 5 and am doing soooo good. It is honestly amazing how fast you can lose by just changing your diet.... but just know that the next post will definately NOT be me posting that I lost muahaha...... but anyways.....I'm doing good, glad to be almost done with school....well this semester lol.....loving the snow but wanting more......and trying to be the best I can.....

4 comments:

just dandee said...

JuJu! I have missed you. It is so nice to see/read you. I am so glad you found some good roomates. It is so important to have good ones. Also, seeing all you girls together for Thanksgiving really makes me miss you all. Such fun times.
Also... good luck with your weight loss challenge. I can never do it alone so having a challenge with others, especially your sisters, is perfect! I love you cuz. Hope to see you again soon.

Tami and Kaleo said...

HI Julie
I miss you to. YOur pics are so funny. I needed a laugh. Love Tami

Anonymous said...

Julie... It is about time you updated!! I love catching up on your life, the good,not so good, etc.. etc.. By the way, I want in on the challenge! I need some incentive. Love ya, We need a cousins night! Lori

Frayer Family said...

I can't believe you put up the picture of me falling asleep...playing cards. You're so nice!!! I only made you stick your hand down the turkey butt because it's easy to dare you to do things. All I have to say is..."I double dog dare you" and you do it. Can you see how easy it is to manipulate my little sister.heheheh I love you jewels!