Saturday, January 3, 2009

ACCIDENT PRONE!!!!

Here it goes AGAIN!!!! Now the second year in a row where I end up in the ER from SLEDING. Last year I was sledding and my saucer turned around on me and I went through the bushes and hit my back on the corning of the building, missing my spine about by an inch. THIS year my face decided to smack a TREE!!! So my family has this small problem with me, they say I have no fear.....well you see my friend Brian's parents have this huge backyard thats a hill with lots of trees and bushes. So before it snows they dig out trails between the trees so when it snows you have an awesome sledding trail. Well I like to copy guys on what they do and in the mean time I have no fear hehe..... So my friend Brian took off, ran and jumped and sledded on down....so I do the same....EXCEPT for when I did I got a big puff of snow in my face at the same time I didn't drag my feet around that corner that was coming up. So instead of my sled turning the corner I went straight, there was a drop off right there as well as 2 trees. Well I went straight through AFTER I hit my face on the tree, each of my arms wrapped around each tree which made me go face down in the snow. So here I am hanging upside down in the snow with a SCRATCHED up FACE!!!! So of course all my friends were like OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! and Brian runs over with his cell phone to use the light on my face to see that I totally scratched it up. We find my WHITE beanie and I sled the rest of the way down. I thought I would be fine until it started to REALLY sting, so I decided to go up and see what I could do to clean it up. I decided that I could not inflict the PAIN upon myself while cleaning it so of course I ran over to my MOM's. I got over there laughing at the fact that right before I went I was talking to her and she goes "just make sure you are careful" HA!!!! This happened on a friday night and I had to work the next day and then babysit 7 kids that saturday night as well. So saturday morning I went to my my work meeting at 7:30 AM and work at 10, I was lucky and got off early and was able to go to the ER before I went babysitting. I had a catscan done to make sure I didn't crush anything on my face from smacking it so hard. Everything was fine though it was very tender. So this whole time I have been taking pictures and sending them to my sisters so they know whats going on, and of course Terri goes COME OVER I want to take a picture. I was like Terri don't worry I will blog them and she goes, well not all my friends look at YOUR blog....haha just thought that was funny!! Sunday was the bad day!!!!! I think my body finally decided to say "oh you were tramatized and you are sick". I was nausiated so much and ended up throwing up AT church and was sick the rest of the day. So here are the lovely pictures of my accident prone self!!! It starts off from that night and then goes on, the swelling got so bad I was seeing the puffyness and it hurt so bad to smile, hence the half smile lol..... So after the puffyness went away the RAINBOW colors came and I had my FIRST shiner!!!



I must say that I really do love Christmas time, and every year I feel as though my knowledge of the true meaning of christmas becomes more real. I am so thankful for Christ's birth and the knowledge that we will be able to return home to him. I had an awesome christmas this year with my family....even with being thrown and smothered in the snow (thanks Silver)....



Ok so this is for all you STRATFORDS out there!!!!!! You must know that I have always envied your outdoors lifestyle and have wanted to be just like you guys. Hearing all your skiing stories always made me want to be a skiier just like you guys.....AND I FINALLY LEARNED!!!!!!!!! I have been snowboarding for about 3 years now and absolutely LOVE it, but never got the opportunity to learn how to ski. So on new years day I got the opportunity to learn, my friend Jeff took me up to Sundance and taught me how. I will have to say that for my first time I was VERY proud of myself hehe :) I may have snow plowed it the WHOLE time....BUT I got pretty good at that. So of course I made Jeff video me skiing just for you guys....(yes I know I'm lame) but I couldn't resist. So don't laugh but here it is!!! Oh also......MY LEGS KILL!!!!!!!!!!! I walk like an old person my calves hurt so bad the next day.....BUT it was well worth it!!! oh and no offence but I think I will stick to snowboarding ;)



So my New Years Eve was absolutely AWESOME!!!!! Last year I hosted a new years eve party and it turned out awesome so I decided to do one again. I love it when you invite a bunch of people and only a certain amout come....Well this year I expected only so many to show and had about double show up. My house was so full that I had both couches filled, people on all the chairs, love sac and my floor was covered. I had about 26 people over at one time and just know that my little house doesn't hold ALOT of people lol. But anywho we had a blast and I was grateful that I was able to spend it knowing that I really did have a great 2008!!








TIME TO GET A TRIM!!!!!! So you think your hair doesn't grow very fast until you have short hair. Well I have not had the time to go get a trim nor the money, so I decided to give myself my own hair cut. All my roommates gave me the look of "you are RETARDED" but anyone who knows me knows that I will do what I want....so I did it :D Take a look and see what you think....I personally think I did GREAT!!!!







So here has been my little life for the past few weeks....OH and I got my grades for my TWO classes that I took last semester lol....and I got an "A" and an "A-", I was very proud because school is just one of those things that is not to easy for me. School starts up again on Wednesday so wish me luck, I will be taking Biology 1010 and Intro to Music.


So here I am....and hope you made it to the end :D

3 comments:

James and Monica said...

CUTE HAIR!!

just dandee said...

Oh Ju Ju! I love you! Of course, you went sledding through some trees, with some boys, did exactly what they did, of course you ended up in the ER, which you didn't even go to until a day later, and then of course you would still go learn to ski! Which, as a one of those Stratford's, I am extremely proud of you for doing!

You look beautiful by the way. Black, blue, yellow, and red are such HOT colors for you.

I miss you cuz!

Tami and Kaleo said...

HI Julie, I love you, you always make me laugh. I love looking at your blog and your single life. You make me proud of your social skills your carrying on the tradition. Good job. By the way, what you cut your hair, no you didn't your lying. You didn't do that wow. Is there anything you cant do. I love you Tami PS Good luck in biology I love it. Lab is so fun.