Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Journey

So now that it has been well over a year that I have actually blogged, I figured it was due time. I can't believe how time flies and how much the Lord has blessed me in my life. I wish I knew really where to begin.

Starting with last June 2009, I ended up getting my lasik for my vision. It has been one of the coolest things ever, and to never have to wear contacts or glasses is honestly amazing. To those who have contemplated it, I 100% fully recommend it. That May I also have had my 5 year high school reunion and that was a blast too. I got to know some people on a different lever that I never got to know during school. After those things the rest of the year must not have been that big because I don't really remember anything happening on the unfortunate side.

So lets skip a few months and go straight to February 2010. One night I had a friend from high school text me and ask what I was doing for spring break. I had no idea because I have never been one of those who went anywhere cool for those fun holiday breaks. So Bryan entertained the idea to me of going to Moab with a very large group of friends. Him and some friends had went the year before and had an amazing time, so they decided to make it a tradition to go each spring break and make each one an epic adventure. So on March 15, 2010 I went to Moab with a group of 36 people and only knowing Bryan. I was nervous and a bit hesitant but knew that I would have a blast. We rented a house with 2 floors, and pretty much packed the place but it was so well worth it. We went to Delicate Arch, Corona Arch and who knows how many others :) Corona was the best though because we repelled off of the 160 foot arch straight down the middle. It was the most exhilerating feeling ever, if it hadn't been so windy and cold we would have probably done it a couple of times. During this trip I made some amazing friends and I know with out a doubt that me going on this trip was the work of the Lord. I had been praying for new friends and to find new peace in my lie.

So here are a few pictures from Moab.








I had just gotten hit with a snowball here......yes there was SNOW and SUN!!!



I was the only girl who hung upside down on the 160 foot arch, it was AMAZING




jumping off the sand dunes


After the trip I continued to play with these Moab friends and even made a few more road trips with them. Now about 20 of these people we traveled with were living in Logan going to Utah State University, so a couple of the road trips were made up to Logan to play. I started playing with the idea of moving to Logan but never thought I actually would. Though somehow the spirit kept knocking at my door and wouldn't leave me alone with the thought of Logan in the back of my head. One day I became really frustrated with playing with the idea of moving and called my friend Nate (who was part of the Moab clan) and expressed my feelings and frustration. He talked me through a few things and finally said, Julie you have already made up your mind, you just need to act on it. From then on I knew I was supposed to move with out a doubt. The plan was that I would stay down in Orem and finish my associates at UVU and then move up in December after fall semester. After I made that plan a couple weeks later it hit me that wasn't supposed to be the plan, but that I was supposed to move sooner.

Then came pow wow time. So the next time all my sisters and mom got together I asked for a pow wow and help with suggestions on anything and with the financial problems. Before moving I wanted to pay off a few things including my lasik surgery. So my sisters starting suggesting that I sell EVERTHING......now remember that I had a fully furnished house with couches, a love sac, table, and not to mention my room. When she suggested this I'm sure I looked like death had been blown down on me as I just stared at her and said absolutely not. I hate to publically say this but I was very prideful of what I had. I have worked really hard the past few years to have owned what I had. My sister Jaimee then said "Julie, I want you to be honest with me, but why do you have some of these things? You have your snowboard, but are you a die hard snow board and go everyweekend in the winter? You have your longboard, how many times do you actually use it? Think about why you have these things, do you do them because you LOVE them, or do you do it for socialness, to be cool, or because the boys do". I didn't like what she had to say but it really took a toll on me. I then later was talking to Terri and she starting singing the song Temporary Home, she also helped me realize that letting go of these things are not the most important thing in my life. I'm so grateful for my sisters and the love they share with me, they take care of me in so many different ways its amazing

After I got excepted to USU, I realized that I better get my head on straight and start selling some things. I posted my table and couches on KSL and craigslist hoping that I wouldn't have a problem selling them. One day I got a text from this guy asking to come see my table and he and his wife would come by later that day. As I was talking to the couple I mentioned that the couches were for sale as well and the wife got this look on her face like REALLY??? So long story short they ended up buying both the table and couches when they were only coming to see the table. I will say it now and again, but the Lord works his way!!!! This entry is getting really long and I'm sorry but YAY if you really actually made it this far :D So again long story short, I sold everything that I needed to and moved in with my parents for a month and a half until I moved up to Logan.

So all in all, everything worked out perfectly. I had a job before I even moved up here, I got in a place with great roommates, I'm walking distance from campus, I'm a full time student and only part time work, have AMAZING friends, and have grown so much closer to the spirit. I'm not sure where I heard this but I love the quote "Our life is God's gift to us, what we do with our life is our gift to God". He has given me so much with moving up here, I just hope that I can make the most of it and do what ever I'm supposed to do here :)

Stay tuned for another post with more pictures and adventures I have had up in Logan!

Thanks for reading,
Love Julie

2 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

Glad to see you blogging Julie! :) And that's so great that you saw God's hand in the things that were happening in your life. I so believe that somethings are not the easiest, but they all come into play later on. You are so great, and have always been an inspiration. :) Thanks! Have fun up in Logan- My brother is up there too! :)

Greg and Annette said...

That is so fun to read your stories. Logan is such an amazing place. Keep the stories coming!!